Monday, May 04, 2015

Late Nights, Early Mornings


It has been and is still quite busy around here, what with getting ready for my first show and all.  I've been cranking out pottery as much as I can, firing non-stop .
I have had time for a break here and there to snap a few photos of stuff going on.  And there is much going on in addition to show prep.


The male grosbeaks finally made an appearance!  I was very thrilled with this photo, btw.  They may be gone by now but over the weekend we were the hotspot for northern traveling birds!



 I know that this is a crappy photo but I wanted to show more than one at the feeder.  As a matter of fact, I counted 5 males at one point but couldn't get to a camera fast enough.  They are a little skittish about having their picture taken.


And Mama decided the 3 bitties that first hatched were enough and has been moved to the apartment with the little run so they don't have to worry abut the big chickens.  When they get a little bigger we will let them go out in the yard but for now this run is great.  And there really are 3, just can't see one for big Mama being in the way.


Random photos of things blooming now.  The peonies are always a delight.


My clematis is doing very well...finally.  It looks to be loaded with blooms this year.


And these iris are making a comeback after not doing so well last year.


We have managed to plant some of the garden.  So far, we have the okra, tomatoes, potatoes, cabbage and eggplant in.  In addition to the lettuce and asparagus which are doing really well this year.  Got a few ripe strawberries today too but their bed is in much need to redoing.


I really loved the lines in this photo and the crazy thing..... I didn't notice any of that while taking the photo.  It didn't strike me until I had downloaded it.

So, back to the grindstone!  Not sure if I'll get to post before the show, which starts Friday.  Wish me luck!  I could really use it.

9 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

Beautiful photos! Such a lift for my spirits. Good luck! :)

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

oh, Annie - looks like things are really coming along - good for you! Your babies are hatching, I'm drooling over the peonies (never tried to grow them down here, but love them), and I've never seen irises like the color of yours. Wow - looks like you and Jack are off to a banner year! And of course, good luck with the show - I'm sure you will do great!

Unknown said...

Lovely post; lovely photos. Just lovely!

JO said...

Great photo's love the birds, all those flowers and of course those sweet little biddies.

Have a Great Show and I know you will do awesome your work is fantastic

myaumuhnative said...

Have a great show!
Everyone is sure to love your work.

MamaHen said...

Hey Erin! thanks!

Hey Sis! thank you!

Hey Ken! good to hear from you! thanks!

Hey Jo! thank you!

Hey Mya! I hope so! thanks!

HermitJim said...

Looking good around your house! Good luck Friday!

Caddie said...

Enjoyed the pictures greatly. The diddies are precious. I wish you the greatest good luck with your show. I hope you sell out everything! and make lots of moola. Sissy

MamaHen said...

Hey Jim! thank you!

Hey sissy! thank you!! I really hope so too!